Why Outsource IT Support?
Computer networks with hardware, software, data and telecommunications are complex and ever changing. To manage the IT function, businesses often rely on those tasked with other duties, or use “lone wolf” operators in the hopes of saving money. Ultimately, it’s a mug’s game because IT demands so much. The third way is contracting with a firm with an array of people with the specialized skills necessary to manage your IT functions. Outsourcing IT to a full service IT firm offers several advantages.
- Control Operating Costs: Salaries, health insurance, employment taxes, training, vacation and sick days. It all adds up – let alone the cost of management oversight. Outsourcing your technology support eliminates these costs.
- Gain Expertise: One person can’t know it all. Deepen your base with ongoing access to the collective knowledge and experience of a team of IT professionals.
- Manage Risk: Single-entity protection of your valuable infrastructure is an expensive proposition. You can’t afford to corners when one IT failure could spell disaster for your business. Outsourcing IT to a provider that has state-of-the art technology and uses industry best practices ensures your business continuity while leveraging your investment.
- Free up Resources: Growth is limited by two things – people and capital. Outsourcing technology actually frees up both resources so you can expand your business, improve your product and/or services, increase your marketing or simply reduce your personnel costs.
- Increase Productivity: An outsourced IT company earns your business every day when it is proactive and reactive in the management and maintenance of your IT systems. This significantly reduces the risk of system-failure and downtime. Ultimately, it keeps your entire business environment – from staff to processes – functioning smoothly.
- Re-focus Company Priority: You know what business you’re in, and it’s not IT. Give yourself room to refocus on your core competencies while allowing an IT company to do what it does best, manage technology. Restructuring your IT puts everyone to best use, improving costs, quality, service, and employee attitudes.